NEWSLETTER NO. 1, 2nd TERM 2018
We wish to express our heartfelt condolences to Mr. Kaleso (Assistant Bursar) and Mrs Turner (ECD Teacher) who lost their loved ones just before the beginning of our 2nd Term. May THE LORD give them and their families the SPIRITUAL COURAGE to overcome the passing of loved ones.
We wish to extend our warmest welcome to two experienced teachers with a wide range of ATS experience. They are:
Mrs. R. Sabau (Grade 5 West)
Mr. C. Ziyageba (Computer Department)
We are sure they will contribute greatly in our School’s development in all fields of Education.
- SCHOOL FEES
May we take this opportunity to thank parents for meeting your fee payments timeously.
- SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT
The School Hall and ECD South class have been refurbished to ensure the expected standard of Lusitania. The payment of school fees allows the Board and School Authorities to ensure we maintain Lusitania as a School of Choice.
- IMPORTANT DATES
- Africa Day – Friday 25 May
The School will celebrate this day on Thursday 24 May at Lusitania.
- Portuguese National Day – 10 June 2018
- The Portuguese Embassy will celebrate its National Day on Monday 11 June 2018. Our School Choir will represent Lusitania at the above function.
- Lusitania will celebrate Portuguese National Day on Friday 15 June at Lusitania School.
The dates for Clubs and Sporting events have been circulated to you via your children. Do support your child in the various events. They love to see you cheering them up.
- Parent/Teacher Consultation Days (Grades 1 to 7)
This will be held in the afternoons from Tuesday 29 May to Thursday 31 May inclusive. Choose any day for your visit from 2:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Educational Trips Outside Harare
- Grade 5s to GREAT ZIMBABWE
Depart Friday 25 May
Return to School Monday 28 May
- Grade 4s to KARIBA
Depart Friday 29 June
Return to School Monday 2 July
- Grade 6s to NYANGA
Depart Friday 3 August
Return to School Tuesday 7 August
- Academic Examinations
- CHISZ Exams Grade 7s – Saturday 7 July 2018
For pupils wanting to attend ATS Form 1 High Schools in 2019.
- Mid-Year Internal Exams Grades 3 to 7
From Monday 9th July to Tuesday 17th July 2018.
- LUSITANIA FACEBOOK
Lusitania has an official facebook page. The address is : Lusitânia Primary School. I invite you to visit the facebook page. Please take note of the â in the address.